Enki is a text editor for programmers. It is:
- User friendly. Intuitive interface. Works out of the box. You don’t have to read a lot of docs
- Hacker friendly. Work as quickly as possible. You don’t need your mouse for coding.
- Lighweight. Some IDEs show splashscreen. Enki will never do it. It just starts quickly.
- Advanced. You invent software. An editor helps you to do a routine job.
- Extensible. Operating systems are designed for running applications. Enki is designed for running plugins.
- Cross platform. Use your habitual editor on any OS. Currently has beeen tested on Linux, MacOS X, Windows.
- High quality. No long list of fancy features. But, what is done, is done well.
- Open source. In GitHub we trust.