Enki is a text editor for programmers. It is:
- User friendly. Intuitive interface. Works out of the box. You don’t have to read a lot of docs
- Hacker friendly Code as quickly as possible. Without mouse.
- Lighweight. Some IDEs show splashscreen. enki will never do it. It just starts quickly.
- Extensible. Operating systems are designed for running applications. Enki is designed for running plugins.
- Cross platform. Use your habitual editor on any OS. Currently has beeen tested on Linux, MacOS X, Windows.
- High quality. No long list of fancy features. But, what is done, is done well.
- Open source. This is our religion.